Cajun Beef Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast trimmed and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 large white button mushrooms
- 12 large cherry tomatoes
- 1 large jalapeno sliced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 6 bamboo skewers
- Place beef cubes in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine next 7 ingredients (garlic through oregano).
- Rub mixture into beef cubes then cover and marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Lightly oil grill grate. Alternately thread beef, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and jalapenos onto skewers.
- Grill over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until desired level of doneness is achieved. Watch carefully to prevent burning! Serve over rice and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: “Baked” sweet potatoes (“bake” in a slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool). Add braised collard greens. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 319 Calories; 11g Fat; 30g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 393mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!