Broccoli and Ground Beef Stir Fry
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients (broccoli through salt and pepper). In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the oil, add the beef, salt and pepper, garlic powder and onion powder and cook for 10 minutes, until beef is cooked through.
- To the beef, add the contents of the bowl and stir. Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette in a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.). NUTRITION: 385 Calories; 27g Fat; 23g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 112mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!