- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 4 New York strip steaks 6-oz.
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb chops overnight or for at least 4 hours. Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. In a medium bowl, combine all seasonings (cumin through chili powder).
- Brush melted ghee (or coconut oil) on all sides of steaks then dust evenly with seasonings. Grill steaks for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until they reach desired level of doneness.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, serve, and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 418 Calories; 31g Fat; 30g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 112mg Cholesterol; 561mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 4 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!