Chicken and Basil Stir-Fry
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 1/4 cup black olives pitted
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups chopped yellow squash
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. To the skillet, add the oil. To the oil, add the chicken. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until meat is brown.To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (spinach through garlic).
- Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. To the skillet, add the olives and the basil and stir. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shredded Brussels Sprouts(Cut large Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise then place on a clean surface, cut sides down, and thinly slice; stir-fry in olive oil and grass fed butter over medium heat until almost tender. Add a little low sodium chicken broth, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender; toss with salt and pepper to taste.). NUTRITION: 192 Calories; 9g Fat; 24g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 200mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!