Barbecue Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 large onion minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4-8 leaves lettuce
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- To the skillet add the chicken, cauliflower, barbecue sauce and salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Allow chicken to cool slightly. Place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice(Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.). NUTRITION: per serving: 557 Calories; 13g Fat; 79g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 28g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 410mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 8 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!