Bacon, Kale and Turkey Meatballs
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup kale finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook bacon.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. In a small bowl, place all ingredients.
- Using your very clean hands, blend thoroughly then form mixture into 1- to 2-inch meatballs. Grill meatballs for 4 to 6 minutes per side (rotating evenly) or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled eggplant and a big salad of mixed baby greens, grape tomatoes and sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 400 Calories; 22g Fat; 44g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 168mg Cholesterol; 720mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!