Bacon and Strawberry Salad
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon is brown and very crispy.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and discard all but ½ tablespoon of bacon fat from skillet. In a large bowl, layer the spinach, shallots, strawberries, and bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the next 5 ingredients (coconut cream through honey). Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 544 Calories; 45g Fat (74.3% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 1383mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!