- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 1/2 cups asparagus spears coarsely chopped
- 3 cups egg substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons basil chopped
- 3/4 cup part-skim Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges optional
- Saute onion, garlic and asparagus in a large non-stick skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium-high heat until soft; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel. In a medium bowl, beat egg substitute; add cooked vegetables, basil, cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, occasionally uncovering and gently lifting the sides of the frittata with a spatula to let the uncooked egg run under the cooked part.
- Remove pan from heat and remove lid. Cover pan with a large round plate or pizza pan; carefully flip pan and plate over together. Remove pan from plate and carefully slide the frittata back into the pan, uncooked side down.
- Cook frittata until bottom portion turns golden, 4 to 5 minutes then slide it onto a serving platter. Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges if desired.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free bread crumbs or make your own crumbs from gluten free bread. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 400 Calories; 24g Fat; 30g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 15mg Cholesterol; 475mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 1
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!