Asian Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed, and cut into strips
- 1/2 pound green beans cut diagonally
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms quartered
- 2 medium carrots thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 1/2 small cabbage shredded
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- low sodium soy sauce to taste
- Heat the oil, garlic and gingerroot in a wok or large skillet with a tightfitting lid over high heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add chicken strips, onion, celery, bell pepper and green beans. Stir-fry for 4 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, carrots, zucchini and cabbage.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and steam until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in sesame oil and soy sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fry over brown rice. Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of chicken. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 215 Calories; 7g Fat; 23g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 101mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!