Asian Beef Satay
- 2 pounds flank steak trimmed
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups brown rice prepared as to package directions
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef overnight or for at least 8 hours. If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on grill. Slice meat across the grain (diagonally) into 1/4-inch strips. Place in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together next 5 ingredients (teriyaki sauce through crushed red pepper flakes). Pour mixture over steak strips.
- Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours, turning several times. Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Toast sesame seeds: In a small skillet, cook sesame seeds over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant, shaking occasionally. Prepare rice.
- Meanwhile, weave steak strips onto skewers (discarding marinade and bag). Place steak skewers on the grill. Cover and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until they reach desired level of doneness. Sprinkle skewers with toasted sesame seeds and serve over hot rice. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried chopped baby bok choy and sliced white button mushrooms. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of beef OR grill additional vegetables (onions, squash, bell peppers, etc.). KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure teriyaki sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 483 Calories; 14g Fat; 36g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 76mg Cholesterol; 573mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!