Aromatic Oriental Slow Cooker Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed and cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker, except spinach; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until steak strips are fork-tender and veggies are done. Stir in spinach and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or just until just wilted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (see Day 1 directions). Serve sliced cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 456 Calories; 23g Fat; 45g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 656mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!