Apple and Brussels Sprout Turkey Hash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 2 medium leeks chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium apple cored and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil. To the skillet, add the turkey. Cook for 10 minutes, until turkey is brown. Set turkey aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining coconut oil. To the skillet, add the Brussels sprouts, leek and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- To the skillet add the turkey, apple, salt and pepper to taste, basil and stir. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, until turkey is warm and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.). NUTRITION: 306 Calories; 17g Fat (47.8% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 132mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!