- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers de-seeded and minced
- 2 large tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with half of the chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add seasoned chicken and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry bell pepper and onion until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add jalapenos, tomatoes, remaining chili powder and the hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes. Add cooked chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Fill large Romaine lettuce leaves with chicken mixture, roll and wrap. Add a relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, cucumber spears and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Roll chicken mixture in warmed whole wheat flour tortillas instead of lettuce leaves. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure hot pepper sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 225 Calories; 6g Fat; 29g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 171mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!