Zucchini Beef Stir Fry
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1/2 pound chopped mushrooms
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 small shallots minced
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil over medium heat. To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (garlic through beef).
- Cook for 10 minutes, until beef is brown and cooked through. Place beef mixture into a bowl.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil in the skillet over high heat. To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients (zucchini through lemon juice) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender. To the vegetables, add the beef and stir. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork. NUTRITION: 477 Calories; 37g Fat; 24g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 94mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!