Tuscan Pork Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into strips
- 2 cups frozen French-cut green beans thawed
- 1 small onion cut into 1/2-inch-wide wedges and separated
- 6 ounces portobello mushrooms sliced and halved
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 14.5-oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in large skillet over high heat. Add pork strips and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet, cover, and keep warm.
- Add green beans to the skillet and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add onion and mushrooms. Stir-fry all vegetables for 2 minutes then remove from skillet, cover and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, salt, basil and canned tomatoes. Add mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Return pork and veggies to the skillet and cook, stirring gently, for 1 minute. Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Caprese Salad: Layer sliced tomatoes, Mozzarella cheese slices and fresh basil leaves; drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add Angel Hair pasta tossed with a little butter and grated Parmesan cheese. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat instead of pork. Omit cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes are gluten free. Use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 241 Calories; 9g Fat; 28g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 76mg Cholesterol; 353mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!