Turkey and Asparagus Stir-Fry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 pound asparagus spears trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 2-oz. jar sliced pimientos drained
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and soy sauce to a smooth paste and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey strips and garlic and stir-fry until turkey is no longer pink, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm. Heat remaining oil in the skillet or wok.
- Add asparagus and stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Add pimientos and reserved broth mixture. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Return turkey to the pan and heat through. Serve hot and enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Spaghetti Squash “Noodles” (cut squash in half lengthwise and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, cut sides up. Bake in preheated 375-degree oven till tender then remove from oven to cool slightly. Scoop out seeds then, using a fork, scrape squash out of its shell in long, thin [spaghetti-like] strands. Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over orzo instead of spaghetti squash. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth, soy sauce and pimientos are gluten free. Use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 199 Calories; 6g Fat; 30g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 141mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!