Tuna Garden Salad
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 small green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and diced
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup shredded basil leaves
- 1 medium carrot peeled and shredded
- 1 medium stalk celery chopped
- 1/2 cup light Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar or to taste
- 2 12-oz. cans canned solid white tuna packed in water (drained and flaked)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, toss together first 7 ingredients (onion through celery). In a medium bowl, whisk together salad dressing, mustard and vinegar.
- Add dressing to salad mixture along with flaked tuna, salt and pepper. Arrange salads on chilled dinner plates. Top with cheese, serve, and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve whole grain rolls and butter on the side. VEGETARIAN: Substitute tuna with 30 ounces white beans (drained and rinsed or homemade). KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salad dressing, mustard and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 250 Calories; 6g Fat; 36g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 806mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!