Thyme and Turkey Vegetable Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 8-oz. package baby kale
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- When the oil is hot, add turkey, onion, and garlic and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir and cook an additional 15 minutes until vegetables are tender and turkey is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Turnip Fries on the side (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. NUTRITION: 289 Calories; 15g Fat (45.8% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 210mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!