Thai Style Slow Cooker Beef Roast
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 3/4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- Place cubed beef in a lightly-oiled slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine next 12 ingredients (coconut milk through pepper); pour mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender and falling apart. Add mushrooms then raise slow cooker heat setting to HIGH.
- Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or just until mushrooms are tender. Serve immediately and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (see directions – Day 1). Add stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 500 Calories; 27g Fat; 56g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 193mg Cholesterol; 1228mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!