Thai Beef Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds flank steak cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 small shallots chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 can full fat coconut milk 14 ounce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup jasmine rice cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat; add olive oil and sauté the beef for 2 to 3 minutes until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the shallots and ginger and sauté 5 minutes. Add the next 5 ingredients (curry paste through salt and pepper) and cook 5 minutes, until aromatic. Return the beef to the skillet and sauté about 2 to 3 minutes until the beef is cooked through.
- Serve with the rice, basil and lime wedges.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried garlicky spinach (Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant then remove from skillet and discard. Add spinach; cook and toss for 2 to 3 minutes or until just wilted; garnish with cheese and serve). VEGETARIAN: Replace beef with Portobello mushroom caps. NUTRITION: 388 Calories; 21g Fat (49.9% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 257mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!