Teriyaki Beef Kabobs
- 1 1/2 Pounds beef blade roast
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into squares
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into squares
- 1 small red onion peeled and quartered
- 12 white button mushrooms
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare and chill asparagus, peas and pasta. In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 7 ingredients (soy sauce through crushed red pepper flakes); shake well to combine.
- Add beef cubes, seal bag and shake well to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour. Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Remove beef from marinade, discarding marinade and bag. Alternately thread beef cubes, bell pepper squares, onion quarters and whole mushrooms onto skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate; grill kabobs over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until desired level of doneness is reached. Watch carefully to prevent burning!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve kebabs over wild rice pilaf; add steamed snow peas on the side. VEGETARIAN: Substitute non-breaded faux chicken patties or tempeh for beef. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 179 Calories; 5g Fat; 17g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 464mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Beef isn’t listed as an ingredient!
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The correction has been made to the recipe.