Tangy Pulled Pork
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; blend until brown sugar is dissolved then pour mixture over the pork. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Shred pork with 2 forks and blend with slow cooker juices.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Wrap pork mixture in large Romaine lettuce leaves. Add a big bowl of coleslaw on the side (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Wrap pork mixture in warmed whole wheat flour tortillas instead of lettuce leaves. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thigh meat instead of pork. Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and Worcestershire sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 303 Calories; 8g Fat; 48g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 148mg Cholesterol; 660mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!