Tandori Chicken Skewers
- 1 small red onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves each cut lengthwise into 4 strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 bamboo skewers or metal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- In a food processor, place onion, garlic, gingerroot, and lemon juice; process until smooth then transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Whisk in yogurt, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add chicken strips; using your very clean hands, blend yogurt mixture into the chicken strips to coat completely.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush a baking sheet with the olive oil.
- Remove chicken strips from yogurt marinade, allowing excess to drain from the chicken.
- Thread a chicken strip lengthwise onto each skewer; place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken strips are cooked through.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell pepper. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure curry powder is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: Calories: 132, Total Fat 5g, Total Carbohydrates 9g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 15g Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!