Sweet and Sour Turkey Meatballs
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 15-oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, poultry seasoning, egg white, salt and pepper; blend well and shape mixture into about 32 meatballs. Place meatballs in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, broth, chili sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and thyme; pour mixture over meatballs. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles and vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 253 Calories; 8g Fat; 28g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 1005mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable;; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!