Summer Turkey Kabobs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large yellow bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium red onions cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 pound zucchini cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate turkey for at least 4 hours or overnight (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, salt, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and then stir in the dried oregano.
- Add turkey and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Alternately thread turkey cubes and vegetables onto skewers.
- Grill kabobs for 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until turkey is cooked through. Serve hot and enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of broccoli slaw (toss a ready-made slaw with low fat mayo and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 303 Calories; 8g Fat; 44g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 324mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!