Summer Pork Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork chops cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 2 limes juiced, divided
- Non-aerosol cooking spray
- 1 large onion cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 Serrano chili pepper seeded, deribbed and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 6 tablespoons low fat Colby cheese shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded, deribbed and cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded, deribbed and cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper seeded, deribbed and cut into strips
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine pork strips, steak sauce and the juice from one lime; seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onion and Serrano chili pepper; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until onion and peppers are soft.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with remaining lime juice and all of the chopped cilantro. Cover and keep warm. Add pork mixture to skillet; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Spoon evenly onto warm tortillas and top with vegetables, rice and cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork. KOSHER: Instead of pork, use boneless skinless chicken thighs. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 307 Calories; 6g Fat; 21g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 36mg Cholesterol; 518mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!