Spring Poppin’ Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- salsa for garnish
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (cilantro through paprika); blend well. Add shrimp and toss well to coat. Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp; cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until pink and opaque. Top each serving of shrimp with a spoonful of salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 259 Calories; 10g Fat; 36g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 259mg Cholesterol; 731mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!