Spinach Avocado Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce cut in half width-wise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large ripe avocado mashed
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (ground turkey through salt and pepper). Form ground turkey into 4 round patties.
- Heat grill to medium high heat and place turkey burgers on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until meat is no longer pink in the center.
- Layer; a lettuce leaf, turkey burger, onion, avocado and a lettuce leaf for each serving.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shredded Brussels sprouts. (Cut large Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and place on a clean surface, cut side down, and thinly slice; stir-fry in olive oil and cultured ghee over medium heat until almost tender; Add a little low sodium chicken broth and simmer for 3 minutes; toss with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 237 Calories; 15g Fat; 21g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 114mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!