Spicy Sausage Pasta
- 1 pound lean Italian sausage
- 1 28-oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5-oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces Linguine pasta cooked according to package directions
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare pasta in time for dinner. Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble sausage meat for 10 minutes or until cooked through; drain off excess fat.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium and add remaining ingredients, whisking until cream cheese is fully blended into the sauce; heat through. Serve over hot pasta.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: Replace the sausage with some chopped bell peppers. KOSHER: Use ground chicken instead of sausage and skip the cream cheese OR follow Vegetarian option above. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sausage, canned tomatoes and tomato paste are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 447 Calories; 13g Fat; 25g Protein; 60g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 52mg Cholesterol; 527mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!