Spicy Orange Pork
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce or less, depending on your heat tolerance
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except pork chops and ghee (or coconut oil). Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour orange juice mixture over the top.
- Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At time of cooking, melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove pork chops from marinade (discarding marinade and bag); sear pork chops for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and a big bowl of slaw (shredded cabbage, carrots, chopped red onion and cucumber and sliced radishes, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 302 Calories; 14g Fat; 31g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 629mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!