Spicy Garlic Shrimp Skewers with Mango Salsa
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- olive oil
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 6 ingredients (salt through lime juice); add shrimp, seal bag and toss well to coat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine next 6 ingredients (mango through garlic). Blend well then set aside. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Lightly oil the grill grate then grill shrimp over indirect heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side or just until pink and opaque.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning! Serve hot shrimp skewers over chopped spinach, top with mango salsa and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add wild rice pilaf. KOSHER: Instead of shrimp, use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chipotle chili powder is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 141 Calories; 2g Fat; 24g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 653mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!