Spicy Garlic Pork Loin Roast
- 1 2-pound pork roast trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM.
- Rub pork roast with olive oil; set aside. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (garlic through black pepper); rub mixture over the entire surface of the roast.
- Grill roast over direct heat for 10 minutes per side or just until browned then move it to indirect heat. Cover and cook for 40 to 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Allow roast to rest for 10 minutes then slice and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans tossed with toasted slivered almonds and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Fruit kabobs (alternately thread bamboo skewers with whole strawberries and cantaloupe and kiwi chunks). KOSHER: Use a boneless skinless turkey breast in place of pork and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 249 Calories; 9g Fat; 29g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 71mg Cholesterol; 549mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!