Spicy Coconut Chicken Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves cubed
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 14-oz. can coconut cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1 red chili pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cubed chicken; cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in next 7 ingredients (broth through honey); blend well.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender.
- Serve with lime wedges and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, radishes, grape tomatoes, and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: per serving: Calories: 955 , Total Fat 51g , Cholesterol 174mg , Sodium 1608mg , Total Carbohydrates 21g , Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 14g Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!