Spicy Apricot Chicken,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until thoroughly browned on all sides, 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté lightly for about 1 minute. Drain off any fat. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (apricot preserves through crushed red pepper flakes).
- Pour mixture evenly over chicken. Reduce skillet heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed new potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure preserves, mustard and chicken broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 283 Calories; 5g Fat; 41g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 193mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!