Spiced Butter Chicken
No, there’s nothing wrong with your eyesight! That’s right, I said BUTTER!! This butter-roasted chicken is fantastically moist and flavored with a wonderful blend of spices – an instant favorite among family and friends!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature, or use ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together butter (or ghee or coconut oil) and seasonings (salt through nutmeg).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and rub thoroughly with butter/spice mixture until fully coated. Roast for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!!
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: Choose organic butter from grass-fed cows.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter* (or ghee or coconut oil), salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 854 Calories; 67g Fat; 58g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 283mg Cholesterol; 700mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 9 Fat. Points: 23
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!