Spice Rubbed Grilled Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4-oz.
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM*. Rinse chicken and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (cumin through garlic).
- Rub mixture over both sides of chicken (the more you use, the spicier it will be). Coat grill rack with a little olive oil then grill chicken for 10 to 12 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
*LEANNE’S NOTE: If heat is too high, the coating will burn; if too low, cooking time will be longer. SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed kale. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time as necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure the mustard and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 204 Calories; 6g Fat; 28g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 600mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!