Spaghetti Squash and Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp shelled and deveined
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large spaghetti squash cooked and fork shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. When oil is hot, add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp to the pan and cook 3 minutes until they are pink on all sides and cooked through. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice to pan. Scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan and cook lemon juice for 2 minutes. Add the squash noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to combine.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: N/A NUTRITION: 193 Calories; 9g Fat (41.9% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 173mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!