Soyaki Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Prepare marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except pork chops; blend well.
- Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour marinade over the top. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At time of cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove pork chops from marinade (discarding marinade and bag); sear for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through (add a little more olive oil to the pan if you need to).
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a salad of chopped baby bok choy, thinly sliced red onion and slivered almonds, tossed with extra virgin olive oil and rice vinegar. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 271 Calories; 12g Fat; 33g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 1823mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!