Southwest Salmon Cakes
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon cooked and flaked
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook salmon.
- In a large bowl, place all ingredients except olive oil. Using your very clean
- hands, combine thoroughly then form mixture into 1- to 2-inch patties.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon patties and cook for 4 to 6
- minutes per side or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles instead of salmon (if patties don’t stick together, just heat through and serve as is). KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free bread crumbs or make your own from gluten free bread. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 268 Calories; 8g Fat; 29g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 166mg Cholesterol; 744mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!