- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine or use low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 2 pounds flank steak trimmed
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Prepare marinade: In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except steak; blend well.
- Place steak in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour marinade over the top. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steak from marinade (discarding marinade and bag); grill for 7 to 12 minutes per side or until desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Allow steak to sit for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain (diagonally).
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some garlic tServe mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or broth), Worcestershire sauce and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 397 Calories; 19g Fat; 47g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 760mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!