Slowly Glazed Chicken
This recipe brings chicken to life with a flavorful combination of garlic, balsamic vinegar and a hint of orange!
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken cubes in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne's Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 196 Calories; 10g Fat; 17g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 544mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!