Slow Cooker French Style Chicken Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except parsley; blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is fork-tender. Stir well, top with chopped parsley and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed medley of baby carrots with broccoli and cauliflower florets. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with portabella mushrooms and reduce cooking time to 1 to 2 hours. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 295 Calories; 9g Fat; 36g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 550mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!