Slow Cooker Beef and Veggie Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed and cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary crushed
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 cup kale chopped
- In a slow cooker, place all ingredients except kale; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef strips are fork-tender and veggies are done. Stir in kale and cook until just wilted. Serve immediately and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 380 Calories; 13g Fat; 47g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 1286mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!