Skillet Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine or use red grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 10 ounces low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup low fat sour cream at room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-low heat. Add green onions, garlic and mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook and stir, breaking up with a spatula, until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, wine (or juice/vinegar), broth, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in noodles, cover skillet and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in sour cream and heat through, but DO NOT BOIL. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!!!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed medley of baby carrots with broccoli and cauliflower florets. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles instead of ground beef. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. Use oil instead of butter and use cultured soy instead of sour cream. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth and wine (or juice/vinegar) are gluten free. Use gluten free noodles. NUTRITION: Per serving: 357 Calories; 6g Fat; 15g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 52mg Cholesterol; 402mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!