- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, over medium heat cook ground beef, garlic and onion for 10 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and tomatoes. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm from the skillet.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Baked eggplant. NUTRITION: 367 Calories; 25g Fat (60.2% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 134mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!