Simple Chicken Salad
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/3 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups mixed baby greens OR lettuce of your choice (not Iceberg - no nutrition)
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Chill salad for up to 2 hours, if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, raisins, walnuts and green onions; blend well.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, oregano and salt and pepper to taste; pour over chicken mixture and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours, if desired. Serve over 2 cups of mixed baby greens.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced avocado on the side. Add a relish tray of celery sticks, cucumber spears, radishes and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 274 Calories; 13g Fat; 25g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 165mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!