Shrimp and Squash Kabobs with Kale Salad
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients (garlic through coconut aminos). To the bowl, add the shrimp, squash and zucchini and toss.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Thread the shrimp and vegetables onto skewers and place on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side, until shrimp are opaque and vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, place the kale, and onion. In a small bowl, mix the orange juice, vinegar, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over kale salad and serve with the kabobs.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Complete meal all on its own! NUTRITION: 220 Calories; 7g Fat; 26g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 201mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!