Shallot Soaking Lamb Chops
- 2 1/2 pounds leg of lamb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- Place lamb in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a food processor, combine remaining ingredients (olive oil through thyme); blend until smooth. Pour mixture over lamb; seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- At time of cooking, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place leg of lamb in a roasting pan or large baking dish; pour marinade over the top and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until desired level of doneness is achieved.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Rutabagas mashed with coconut cream, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste; add steamed baby Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: per serving: 636 Calories; 48g Fat; 41g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 155mg Cholesterol; 1070mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 Fat. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!