Sesame Crusted Salmon with Gingered Vegetables and Almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 7 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 15 snow peas stems removed and julienned
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 1 pound baby spinach stems removed and leaves slightly torn
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 4 6-oz. skinless salmon fillets
- In a small bowl, whisk together gingerroot, jalapeno, vinegar, 6
- tablespoons of oil, salt, and pepper; cover and set aside at room temperature. In a large bowl, combine vegetables and almonds; set aside.
- Next, sprinkle sesame seeds over the tops of the salmon fillets; gently push down with the heel of your hand to coat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add salmon fillets, sesame seed-coated sides down; cook for 4 minutes then carefully turn.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, toss vegetables and almonds with the gingered dressing. Serve with salmon.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 301 Calories: 323, Total Fat 31g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 413mg, Total Carbohydrates 10g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Protein 5g Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!