- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 3/4 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 7.5 ounces tomato sauce
- 7.25 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound firm white fish fresh or frozen
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound crab meat flaked
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add chopped green onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in Cajun seasoning, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes. Add broth and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in fish and seafood and cook for 5 minutes or until done. Serve and enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and unsalted butter. KOSHER: Instead of seafood, use boneless skinless chicken breast meat, cut into strips. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is tender. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Cajun seasoning, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 226 Calories; 5g Fat; 34g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 926mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!